From 27th March – 10th April 2017, people across the UK took action to disrupt and expose the network of companies propping up the fracking industry. Over two weeks, there were 17+ actions targeting site suppliers, investors, PR companies and more.
Actions over the fortnight included:
- 27th March 2017, Lancashire: An 11 hour ‘swinging’ blockade of fracking material suppliers Tarmac & Aggregate Industries
- 28th March 2017, Leeds: Ad-hacking highlighting Yorkshire Water’s potential deal to accept fracking wastewater
- 29th March 2017, Berkshire: An occupation of gas-giant Centrica – ‘celebrating’ the CEO’s bonus and their fracking investments
- 31st March 2017, Lancashire: A lock-on at AE Yates – Cuadrilla’s main contractor
- 1st April 2017, London: Naked protesters disrupt fracking Investor Show
- 4th April 2017, London: A 5 hour blockade of fracking PR firm St Brides by three ‘wedding brides’
- 5th April 2017, London: Anti-fracking wrestling street theatre outside Piccadilly Circus Barclays – owners of Yorkshire fracking company, Third Energy
- 7th April 2017, Derbyshire: Anti-fracking demonstrators shut down Chesterfield drilling company, PR Marriott
- 10th April 2017, London: Anti Fracking animals invaded PR company Bell Pottinger.